Farm Insurance Information
Owning and operating a farm comes with a variety of responsibilities and risks. One of the ways that you can mitigate the risks you face is by purchasing the right farm insurance policies. Horne Insurance is here to help Cresson farms, as well as farms in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Morgantown and the surrounding areas, get the farm insurance coverages they need. Call us today to get started.
What Is Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance is a combination of types of insurance that can keep your assets protected and your farm operational. The right policies can help cover your equipment, buildings and even lost income. The appropriate agricultural coverage is key to protecting your assets and keeping your farm operational.
What Types of Coverage Are Available?
Many farmers choose numerous types of insurance coverage such as the following:
- General liability insurance may give your farm the needed protection from any claims, including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that result from your operations.
- Crop insurance can help reimburse you for your losses if a disaster strikes, such as a tornado, wildfire or flood destroys crops.
- Livestock insurance is multifaceted. You can purchase specific coverage, such as livestock transit or auction market coverage. You can also buy insurance for particular animals, such as poultry coverage or pasture and dairy cattle coverage. In addition, you can purchase mortality insurance for animals with an exceptionally high value to their farm, such as a stud.
- Farm equipment insurance helps reimburse farmers for certain losses and damages to their machinery.
- Workers’ compensation insurance is necessary if your farm employs workers. Workers’ compensation insurance helps provide coverage for medical expenses incurred by an employee who suffers a work-related injury or illness, as well as wage replacement benefits.
- Equine insurance—Horses are often valuable for farm operations, and a single loss might be expensive. This coverage may insure your horses against death, injuries and other hazards.
- Farm auto insurance—If you use vehicles for your farm’s operations, you may need coverage to protect these items against damage or other losses.
- Farm dwelling insurance—If you live on your farm, this policy might provide coverage for your home.
- Farm structures insurance—This type of insurance may cover structures on your farm, including barns, grain silos and other properties.
- Farm umbrella insurance—An umbrella insurance policy might help protect against liability claims exceeding the limits set on your other liability policies.
Get Farm Insurance Today
Horne Insurance offers numerous farm insurance solutions, and we can help you get the insurance that gives you the best protection for your farm. Call us today to get started.